Dark Country, a collectible card blockchain-based game, has announced new features for its latest update, which will arrive this month. The update will include land gameplay with unique land ownership. They also released a roadmap for this year, announcing an update for each month with exciting new features added every interval.
The game is currently beta testing which will soon end as they release a guide of updates to come in the following months. Initially, a trading card game, Dark County has expanded by adding more elements in the game and now introducing land ownership via blockchain and guild battles.
Roadmap & Updates
According to the game’s official website, the game will have new updates each month for an interesting setting.
- January: Card Game stability update and launch of the land test.
- February: Land Gameplay launch, weekly tournaments, deck building.
- March: SDM Staking, Introduction of Alliances, 3D UI Update, City builder.
- April: Alliance wars, land leasing, Reward chests.
- May: Card leasing, more heroes
- June: Game map and object control for alliances
- July: Item Crafting and rogue-like alliances.
Dark Country lands add a new layer to the player’s experience and are the NFTs that players can own in the Dark Country universe. Lands can be owned, rented, to earn from and farm. They accommodate spaces to build in-game features like the Black Market, Tavern, Library, etc. Lands also provide access to adventure zones and generate shadow dime currency.
There will be three types of lands:
- The World Map has several continents linked to a certain blockchain. The more blockchains Dark Country adds, the more continents will be added.
- The Continent Land is a blockchain-based piece of the world linked to a certain blockchain like WAX or FLOW blockchains. Continents contain land plots within.
- The Land Plot is the actual piece of the continent that the player can own and become a landlord of that area.
Dark Country is a free-to-play trading card game based on the WAX blockchain. It is similar in gameplay to other trading card games like Hearthstone, with collectibles and land ownership in-game. The developers have big plans for 2022 with the roadmap and upcoming expansion and introducing land-based and strategic gameplay.